2024 CCA Retreat & Symposium
February 2, 2024 @ 8:00 am - February 3, 2024 @ 5:00 pm$20 – $80
Sacred Symbiosis: Relationships for Creation Justice
The theme of our 2024 Creation Care Alliance Symposium is “Sacred Symbiosis.” Our presentations, workshops, and conversations will explore the relationships needed to build and nurture justice for all creation–human and non-human. We’re excited to dive in and learn together!
This retreat is designed with congregational lay leaders, environmental professionals, and clergy in mind. Whether new to creation care or a long-time advocate, you’ll gain new language and tools to inspire your congregation or community and find space to invigorate your imagination, creativity, and spiritual practice.
The symposium will begin on Friday, February 2nd, with a full day of workshops and conversations and will run through Saturday, February 3rd. Our keynote speaker, Mary Crow of Indigenous Environmental Network (IEN), will speak on the 3rd. Unlike past years, Friday and Saturday’s programs are open to all and will not be limited to clergy. We hope you join us!
We will be hosted at the Montreat Conference Center in Black Mountain, NC. If you would like to stay on-site at the conference center, you may book a room through this separate form: ROOM RESERVATION FORM HERE. We have limited rooms available, so please book yours early to ensure your spot.
- Early-bird discount. Register before December 4th to receive $15 off both days of the conference. If you attend both days, that is $30 savings!
- Group discount. Groups of three or more people from the same congregation are eligible for the group discount of $10 off both days of the conference. If your group attends both days, that is a $20 discount per person. This offer is open until the close of registration on January 19th. Go here to register your group and receive your discount.
- Student discount. If you are a current student, you can attend the symposium for a fraction of the cost ($20 on Friday and $30 on Saturday). We hope you will join us!
We don’t want cost to be a barrier to anyone who would like to attend. Scholarships are available to those in need. Please contact Sarah Ogletree at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Put “scholarship” in the subject line of your email. We’re happy to assist!
- Get to Know Your Neighbors: The Trees of Southern Appalachia
- Transforming Food Systems as People of Faith
- Beekeeping as Creation Care
- Housing & Faith Communities: The Creation Care Connection
- Electrification & Solar: A Congregational Approach
- Community Organizing 101
- The Why & How of Seedsaving
- Creation Care in Worship: A Conversation for Clergy
- Keynote by Mary Crow
- Success Stories from Congregations: Get Inspired!
- Working for Energy Justice
- Eco-Grief Ritual & Meditation
- Understanding & Protecting Your Watershed
- “Painting the Sacred” Workshop
- Supporting Local Farmers
- Planning Earth Day in Your Congregation: A Conversation with Religious Educators
- Creative Writing Workshop
- Forming your Green Team 101
- Guide to Creation Care 2.0 w/ Sarah Ogletree
For full workshop descriptions, click here.